Someone gave me the greatest compliment, that I prompted me to write this blog. She told me that she channeled her inner Jefe while she was going through her closet. She said, if she didn’t feel great in it she boxed it up.
I want to feel great in what I am wearing. I have lived by my mantra for all of my adult life. I find joy in dressing well—it is in looking my best that I feel like I am bringing forth the best version of myself. There are some lessons/style tips I have embraced in my life and value to my core.
- Most importantly, a good, solid cologne will never let you down. I have been a loyal and proud user of Yves Saint Laurent’s L’Homme. I have worn this cologne since I graduated college and it has loyally served me well all these years. Helpful Tip: One spritz is ALL you need. Cologne is meant to compliment you, not be a distraction.
- Blue jacket. One of my favorite pieces to wear with jeans or dress pants, it’s easy to dress up with a sweater and an oxford, or dress down with a t-shirt and sneakers.
- Shoes can make or break an outfit. I am a sucker for a good pair of shoes. You will most likely find me wearing a pair of loafers, often matched with a pair of jeans.
- Well Fitted Jeans. I have worn many styles of jeans, from carpenter to boot cut, but since I have hit my 30’s, I believe in well-tailored jeans that complements the right assets.
- Own a well-tailored suit. I was recently challenged that men don’t need to own a suit. That they don’t serve a purpose anymore. I disagree. I think that a man who wears a suit commands respect. Not to mention, ladies like to see a guy dressed to impress. I recommend a basic black suit if you’re just starting out, avoid a pattern to start, this allows your suit to be versatile from formal occasions to wearing the jacket with jeans.